About the new music theory vids

Just to prove i am not a **** Jamie i really like your styles of tutorials and have respect that you do em for free. I think your to the point and dont waffle and i like this in the vids.

I was just making ONE point of critique…

This has nothing to do with you as i do it to Phil all the time, just check what i said about the main room house tutorial and the god awfull vocal he used…

Get back in your box Jan when you’ve finished backpedaling.

Also its not your melody per se its all the stuff you did before it to hype up modes. I was really excited to watch the last vid as i thought wed be getting some really cool examples.

Examples are everything as well dont forget, when a maths teacher spends 3 hours explaining Pie to you, do they after they have explained just shut up or do they show you some examples?

When the maths teacher shows the examples do they go all out an in depth and show you everything they can? Or do they just revert you back to the one times table and say how you can use this with the theory of pie?

This is kinda what happenned in your vids… You get hyped up about something and then shown something like well heres the notes if you work rteally hard you might get something out of it…

ICN go **** yourself…

(Is waiting for ICN’s random as hell nothing to do with anything reply)

im with jan on this one jamie, im bitterly disappointed that your FREE vids are not up to the high standard expected of someone who helps others out for FREE .:smiley:

Jan c’mon man chill :slight_smile:

No, Jan… You weren’t making ONE point of critique. You were stirring trouble, as your posts normally seem to do very well. The fact that you critique Phil on his videos proves this. You’re just seem to be “one of those customers” that can’t be satisfied, if that makes any sense. And don’t give me crap about I have releases on labels. Show me a sales report that excludes purchases from parents, siblings and friends…

J

[quote]jjdejong0 (11/06/2011)[hr]Just to prove i am not a **** Jamie i really like your styles of tutorials and have respect that you do em for free. I think your to the point and dont waffle and i like this in the vids.

I was just making ONE point of critique…

This has nothing to do with you as i do it to Phil all the time, just check what i said about the main room house tutorial and the god awfull vocal he used…[/quote]

I dont have to show you anything, and when do my posts stir up trouble? My point about my releases was a comeback to how you think that im someone who wants everything to be done for me this is completely not true. I also wonder what you bass it on to post this?

I tried to be nice as well and tell you what i did like but you had to continue to be a ****. If you cant take critisism i suggest not making tutorials as it comes with the territory.

Its not my fault you over hyped something and then pretty much said heres the notes go work hard and work it out.

I’ve been a musician long enough to know the type, believe me.

[quote]jjdejong0 (11/06/2011)[hr]My point about my releases was a comeback to how you think that im someone who wants everything to be done for me this is completely not true. I also wonder what you bass it on to post this?[/quote]

I think there would be many folks here who would agree that your posts in this thread alone started with a “tone” that many would consider malicious. THAT’S why I said you’re a troublemaker. Constructive criticism and the type of criticism you have for everyone outside your musical interest is a very different thing.

You would have had a much better response from myself and others if you just said, “Hey Jamie, do you think you could explain melody a bit more and the issue of mode-switching. I didn’t quite get that.” Or maybe, “What if you want a melody to span across two or maybe even four bars. How would you manage that?” But instead, you had to make this an all-out battle because there weren’t thousands of saw waves and over-compressed drums to be heard for hundreds of miles. Ever stop to think that your attitude might actually get you what you need instead of trying to challenge everybody with every sentence you can muster in these forums?

[quote]I tried to be nice as well and tell you what i did like but you had to continue to be a ****. If you cant take critisism i suggest not making tutorials as it comes with the territory.

Its not my fault you over hyped something and then pretty much said heres the notes go work hard and work it out.[/quote]

Come off it Jamie as if you had anything else to do this weekend :w00t:

Ok Jamie I didnt realise you were so dumb but ill put it in terms you hopefully understand.

I would like you to fully explain something and show all the ins and outs when you have just explained it for 30 mins. I would of hoped this was obviouse but I can understand you being lazy and showing someone the tools and then saying work it out.

Second I think trying to do music theory vids with techno as examples is a big NO NO, Do you get ehat that means Jamie? A no no is a bad idea…

Is this clearer for you I forget that sometimes there are people on here that are simple mabey you should of listend a bit more in school but its not your fault you have the intelligence of a chimp, I guess thats why you produce techno…

Jan - You honestly have random down Mate!

In a way that I could never - ROFL!! :smiley:

unbelievable how much time you’ll spend on this topic… I think i’ll go back to learning something about music…

I like what jamie said… We need to analyze and learn from other artists work in order to define our own signature sound and figure out how to create it…

Btw…

The comment of techno having nothing musically… ??

I think music is a form of art created with the medium “sound”. Music’s elements for me are pitch, rhythm, dynamics and sonic qualities like timbre and texture…

And i am positive that techno is harboring all these elements…

peace out… back to my newly purchased D16 plug-ins

How am I being random im being too the point and jamie made it,personal so I had to respond. Also im not saying techno isnt music im saying its a style that has nothing to do with music theory.

jan jan jan. time to stop!

I haven’t watched them yet but I bet at the end I will know more than I do now. So I will have learned something.

I will then go away and practise, perhaps also reading excerpts from the books I have on music theory. Incidentally they are big thick books as the subject is pretty deep and could never be explained in a short series of videos however good they are.

Perhaps others should try this process and see if it expands their understanding of the medium we’re working in?

Why is it time to stop? Can a person on here not even defend themselves when someone starts to make it personal?

Oh what am i meant to kiss his arse cos he makes vids that get posted on here? Sorry, but when someone starts attacking me im going to defend myself. I dont feel as if im digging a grave neither Mussi, but wouldnt you do the same?

I was just trying to raise a concern i had with Jamies videos, its not my fault he cant take critisism and has to take it all personal and then on top of that start making statements about me and my attitudes. Did i attack him in any way on a personal level? I even stated what i liked about the vids and he still carried on. So what is someone supposed to do?

Its also not my fault that Jamie is a retard that cant put two and two together and work out that posting a 5 note melody and saying work it out might not be such a good idea. I cant be blamed for a fools stupidity…

Best books available on modal theory are the “guitar grimoire” series. IMHO

But wait DeathHands I dont play guitar… I like techno.

Well thts ok nobody is perfect, however the content is broken down on piano also so there ya go. There are books on all aspects of modes chords, scales, progressions etc etc all colour coded too so you cannot mistake which book you have picked up off the shelf. I cannot recomend these books highly enough. Also the 1980’s style accompanying dvd is good for a laugh if nothing else.

Best. Thread. Ever.

I’m going to save this thread for when I’m feeling down. I love it!

J

Where are these magical vids you promised Jamie?.

He’s going to share them once you do 5 vids -  to say sorry for being a muppet :slight_smile: