FM - John Dahlback

Let’s also hope that beyer doesn’t use his studio when they co produce otherwise that would implement him too

[quote]Mussi81 (03/11/2011)[hr]On the flip side there will be people that will go out and buy sylenth just because dahlback is using it and the will be people that will download a crack version then go and buy it because they like it.

If it wasn’t for cracked software I would not have bought cubase 5, ableton 8, and traktor. That’s good for the business.

[/quote]

I’m telling :w00t:

[quote][hr][quote]Jon_fisher (02/11/2011)[hr]

Haha just checked through some vid’s and seems like future music have really dropped the ball over the past few months as not only has John Dalback offended but also Avicii with Sylenth1 TEAM VTX and Joachim Garraud using a cracked version of Gladiator. [/quote]

Jon, could you post some screens of this?

[quote]Mussi81 (03/11/2011)[hr]On the flip side there will be people that will go out and buy sylenth just because dahlback is using it and the will be people that will download a crack version then go and buy it because they like it.

If it wasn’t for cracked software I would not have bought cubase 5, ableton 8, and traktor. That’s good for the business.

[/quote]

Maybe but if could also work in the way that people (His fans) see them using cracked software and think if its good enough for them its good enough for me :slight_smile:

[quote]daniaan (03/11/2011)[hr][quote][hr][quote]Jon_fisher (02/11/2011)[hr]

Haha just checked through some vid’s and seems like future music have really dropped the ball over the past few months as not only has John Dalback offended but also Avicii with Sylenth1 TEAM VTX and Joachim Garraud using a cracked version of Gladiator. [/quote]

Jon, could you post some screens of this?

[/quote]

Thats a bit of a catch 22 as me posting picture’s of someone using copy write material would actually be breaking FM’s copy write :slight_smile:

[quote]Jon_fisher (03/11/2011)

Thats a bit of a catch 22 as me posting picture’s of someone using copy write material would actually be breaking FM’s copy write :)[/quote]

You could show it, it would come under fair use of copyright material as t would be for commentary and criticism!

fair play i’ll find the offending a screen capture then :slight_smile:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ijfgz3

Maybe Dahlback is Team Air.

Hey guys.

Fun topic!

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I DO have the license for LennarDigital Sylenth obviously. But just like everyone else (I suppose), I want to try vst plugins out before I buy them, in case it’s ****. And when it comes to Sylenth, I bought the license straight after. Reason why I didn’t uninstall the previous version for the registered one is because I don’t know if my saved presets would stay or be deleted as well.

Anyway, good discussion. I can’t speak for Avicii, but everything I use has a license. To be a producer and expect people to pay for my music and NOT pay for my gear would obviously be ****ed up.

Anyway, hope everyone liked the video. The track in the video will never be released due to lack of quality in my opinion. Just wanted to show people my working technique.

[quote]johndahlback85 (04/11/2011)[hr]Hey guys.

Fun topic!

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I DO have the license for LennarDigital Sylenth obviously. But just like everyone else (I suppose), I want to try vst plugins out before I buy them, in case it’s ****. And when it comes to Sylenth, I bought the license straight after. Reason why I didn’t uninstall the previous version for the registered one is because I don’t know if my saved presets would stay or be deleted as well.

Anyway, good discussion. I can’t speak for Avicii, but everything I use has a license. To be a producer and expect people to pay for my music and NOT pay for my gear would obviously be ****ed up.

Anyway, hope everyone liked the video. The track in the video will never be released due to lack of quality in my opinion. Just wanted to show people my working technique.

[/quote]

lol -Best be a little more careful next time :wink:

[quote]johndahlback85 (04/11/2011)[hr]Hey guys.

Fun topic!

[/quote]

Hi john, welcome to the site!

I maybe a bit Cynical in my young age but how do we know that this is honestly the real John dahlback and not his PR machine!

I would therefore like to invite you to produce a tutorial for the site as I can guarantee that all off your recent misfortune will be undone :slight_smile:

I’ll be honest I havent listened to much of your productions in recent years but I used to follow you more closely and I know that you can produce quality techno and there are many keen techno followers on here wanting to learn the craft of techno;)

Or at least you could post some valuable advice to the tech heads…

We look forward to your response John (if it it really you) :wink:

Haha yes IT’S REALLY ME.

Well, I don’t know if there is time to actually produce a tutorial :frowning: But I’m happy to answer any questions there might be.

Yes, I used to do more techno /techier stuff than now but felt I wanted to do something different for a while. Still love the scene though and support my cousin Jesper and the Drumcode stuff

Hey John, love your track Pyramid, mabey you could share how that track came about?

Yeah your stuff is definately the lighter side of techno but Im just wondering if you can shed any light on how you get your mixes so clear and spacious? Is there a formula that you follow towards eqing/frequency separation? And special plugins that you use. :slight_smile:

Also do you have any insider knowledge/tips towards the drumcode sound of the mid 2000’s. How did the Swedish guys produce the formula for that drumcode sound ?

[quote]jjdejong0 (04/11/2011)[hr]Hey John, love your track Pyramid, mabey you could share how that track came about?

[/quote]

well in rare cases, i get melodies in my head that are actually quite good. and this was one of them. so once i had that all covered it was time to find the right sound. it’s actually 3 stacked sounds (believe it was Bassline Pro, Oddity and Mercury)

the rest was pretty easy, probably did it in one day. Dirty South was even faster with his remix!

[quote]Mussi81 (04/11/2011)[hr]Yeah your stuff is definately the lighter side of techno but Im just wondering if you can shed any light on how you get your mixes so clear and spacious? Is there a formula that you follow towards eqing/frequency separation? And special plugins that you use. :slight_smile:

Also do you have any insider knowledge/tips towards the drumcode sound of the mid 2000’s. How did the Swedish guys produce the formula for that drumcode sound ?[/quote]

Well I group kickdrum, hihats, percussion, loops, basslines, melodies and chords so that its easier to get the volume in the right place even after the arrangement-part. I also try to take out any unnessessary low-frequensies that some drumsounds have, because that could really make things sound less clear. i also spread out the leading melodies or vocals. Then i always bounce down the track, import it in an empty arrangement and then adjust levels and put all the fx-whitenoises in (since they clash if the track is loud and bassy)

[quote]Mussi81 (04/11/2011)[hr]

Also do you have any insider knowledge/tips towards the drumcode sound of the mid 2000’s. How did the Swedish guys produce the formula for that drumcode sound ?[/quote]

well, to be honest i didn’t really start hanging out with the technoguys until a couple of years after 2000, but they used mainly outboard stuff, its only in recent days everyone went computer-only

Cool John, I actually prefer the original mix, it was the one i picked to play out mostly and i think it was down to the fact that yours had a lot more of that awesome melodie.

Any tips on how you get your drums and bass sounding so chunky and fat?

I fkin love Bingo as well although it never did as much damage in the clubs for me here in Holland as some of your other stuff but this was at the time everyone just wanted to hear either Bromance or Born Again, so i put it down to misjudgement on the clubbers part lol, i love the vocal tho, awesome.

[quote]jjdejong0 (04/11/2011)[hr]Cool John, I actually prefer the original mix, it was the one i picked to play out mostly and i think it was down to the fact that yours had a lot more of that awesome melodie.

Any tips on how you get your drums and bass sounding so chunky and fat?[/quote]

Uhm! I stack a lot when it comes to drums. 3 kicks (1 low,1mid,1high), different claps etc. Then I bounce just the beats without the kickdrum in a 4 bar loop, take that loop and put a distortion on it or any other sort of fx-plugin on it, then eq it and put the volume down and add it to the beat to get that chunkier sound. i also use the first rough rider vst from Audio Damage a lot.