How To Sound Like.. Who Next?

poll closes today!

winner will be dropped from the list and voting continue i imagine,

the minimal is very close behind it so we will probably do a minimal after the electro, if it wins of course :slight_smile:

bry

Then a Tech Trance after the minimal?! :D:D:D:D

Please dont make an electro house track thats like one of chris lakeā€™s as he has already made numerous video tutorials for future music magazine showing exactly what he does.

Just thought i would add thatā€¦ cheers

Hi,

Looking forward to the next tutorials.

I would also like to see a tutorial on mimicking the style of some of the stuff Alex Metric is putting out. I know it will not be everyones taste but he is a rising star and is all over it with his productions atm.

Also - does anyone know how to get the driving distorted guitar sound in this Van She Tech remix? Is it as simple as a distorted guitar with a HP on it or could it be a Memorymoog? I know they use one.

MP3 Dragonette - ā€œI Get Aroundā€ (Van She dub)

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF292805-01-01-11.mp3

Thank you.

[quote]g-hunter (6/12/2009)[hr]Please dont make an electro house track thats like one of chris lakeā€™s as he has already made numerous video tutorials for future music magazine showing exactly what he does.

Just thought i would add thatā€¦ cheers[/quote]

plus chris lake is the most over rated producer ever

man not probably a minimal tutorial - i has to be !! :P:D

a dark one like DIOS plz man ā€¦ cant sleep anymore :wink:

[url]DUBFIRE & OLIVER HUNTEMANN - DIOS - YouTube

Hey long time suscirber here and just wanted to say awesome tips!

I think it will be beneficial to keep the tutorials in a large variety ofdance music genres.

There already has been some electro house, fidget, techno, trance and etc genres.

What about nu disco, or nu rave. Producers such as GRUM, LE CASTLE VANIA, MIAMI HORROR and etc.

I think learning some of these guys techniques and combining them with previous tutorial videos would help keep new ideas flowing as well as making us viewers more dynamicaly capable of making original tunes.

MUCH LOVE

TAREK

Poll is now CLOSED!

Electro House wins the game!

So iā€™ve been working on a Fedde Le Grand ā€˜aā€™ Like for the past week seeing as electro house was well in front, and most of the votes originally came for Fedde earlier.

You guys be up for that?

bry

awesome bry !!

cant wait to see the videos ā€¦ when can we expect to get those ?

:wink:

cheers

robi

[quote]bryan spence (6/12/2009)[hr]Poll is now CLOSED!

Electro House wins the game!

So iā€™ve been working on a Fedde Le Grand ā€˜aā€™ Like for the past week seeing as electro house was well in front, and most of the votes originally came for Fedde earlier.

You guys be up for that?

bry[/quote]

sure! but make sure to bring some dubfire love next :smiley:

youā€™re doing great tuts, so iā€™m not worried about it anywayā€¦ :cool:

that will be great bry. can you do a full arrangement on this one to.

and also agree if it minimal then its gotta be dud fire

Yeah please make it dubfire when we get to minimal

[quote]jon_fisher (6/12/2009)[hr][quote]g-hunter (6/12/2009)[hr]Please dont make an electro house track thats like one of chris lakeā€™s as he has already made numerous video tutorials for future music magazine showing exactly what he does.

Just thought i would add thatā€¦ cheers[/quote]

plus chris lake is the most over rated producer ever[/quote]

Really?! Him and Funkagenda are phonetically brilliant, theyā€™re both classicly trained and you can tell.

Iā€™m a bit miffed about the Fedde tutorial, never really been a fan of his stuff. Actually was hoping for a Funkagenda one!! (Iā€™m aware he had a DVD out recently, but i only learnā€™t so much)

Anyways maybe after the Minimal, Techno and Tech Trance Tutorials we can have a Funkagenda one?

No actually scrap that, iā€™ve been asking for this for agesā€¦ an ATFC tutorial please!!!

In fact i dont think iā€™ve had any of my tutorial requests answered yet since being part of Sonic. :frowning:

yeah i like chris lake but some people just talk about him like he is leagues above everyone else

Hi Guys, just thought i would drop in some links to the kind of minimal choons that kick ***.

Hope you guys can produce some tutorials like this:D:D:D

Dubfire vs. Oliver Huntemann - Diablo

Dubfire Vs Oliver Huntemann - Diablo (Original Mix) - YouTube

And this remix of Groovepushers - I wont by Hoxton Whores is just so pumping.

Groovepusher feat. Charlie Brown - I Wonā€™t (Hoxtons Whores Remix)

- YouTube

& this too. so so nice. jay_lumen_feat_panoptic-surface_reborn__quivver_remix

- YouTube

Sorry about quality, but its youtube. These tracks kick *** in good quality.

Needs to have a full structure tutorial on these as the transitions are just immense. Love the shuffle grooves, but its the way it welds together that makes it amazing.

Peace guys.

Daz:w00t:

when is it due to hit the big screen bry :slight_smile:

sadly, I would disagree with the Dubfire minimal suggestions. Iā€™d like to hear more of the glitchy, dubby stuff ā€“ a lot of Dubfire tracks verge on Progressive and Electro. Not that thereā€™s anything wrong with Progressive or Electro, but there are many similar tech-housey tutorials on this website already.

love whats going on here the videos are ACE . I personally would like to see a tutorial on more deeper stuff like RPO and or stuff like JAIMY from FATAL MUSIC.I am also struggling to do drum percussion like you hear in tracks like BLACK RAIN from CHUS

when can we expect the new video bry

Can we have a more deep techno tutorialā€¦many of the tutorials have been electro soundingā€¦it feels a bit one sided at the mo :frowning: