Jerome Isma-Ae - Timelapse Remix Competition with Jee Productions / 17

Jerome Isma-Ae - Timelapse Remix Competition with Jee Productions

View Remix Competition

Taking our courses to the next level, here on Sonic you can now watch the track being made, download both the project and stems and then submit your own remix with the chance to win some great prizes.

The How To Make Timelapse Remix Contest is exclusive, here on Sonic Academy and you could be in with a chance of winning some cool prizes and ultimately getting a release on Jee Productions - a progressive house label founded by Jerome Isma-Ae, releasing cutting edge music and being considered one of top Progressive House labels by Beatport.

After the success of our previous remix competitions, we know we have one of the best music-making communities anywhere, and the level of production skillz coming through the forums is truly amazing.
So, ourselves, Jerome Isma-Ae and Alastor are super excited to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the stems from this awesome tune and start working your magic!
We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make a dope remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Go get started! We can’t wait to hear your submissions.

So what’s a contest without a prize eh? Well if your remix of his track ‘Timelapse’ is chosen by Jerome, you can win a release on Jee Productions!*

But that’s not all, you will also win a massive £150 Sonic Sounds store voucher to spend on our award winning plugins and any preset or samples packs on the store. We will also have two amazing runner up prizes.
If you’ve created the second best remix, you’ll win a £50 Sonic Sounds store voucher.
The third place wins a £25 Sonic Sounds store voucher.

Related Course
Remember to check out the course - How To Make Timelapse with Jerome Isma-Ae - for the full lowdown! Available to all Subscribers right now!

This competition is open to all Sonic Academy registered users so spread the word and, join in!

I am all over this one. I’ve tried each time, but this time I’ve got it. I know it.

1 Like

Hi @thedangayle

Can’t wait to listen what you’ve come up with since your approach is always refreshing & surprising each time.

So keep being inspired & good luck man !! :wink:

1 Like

@strz really like this mate!

@Thedarkknight wow this is great

Waiting for your Reac. to my remix, folks)

Me and @Hafbergmusic Did a very atmospheric remix for this one! hope you enjoy it!

Oh baby

@Johann Stone dope one buddy

i lot of nice remixes, im not jealous of the judges who has to pick those winners.

I just submitted my entry. Check it out, let me know what you think. There are a lot of cool tracks here.

1 Like

@thedangayle Very punchy and crunchy mix man. Especially the end of your breakdown is very very nice.

The other mixes are also pretty cool, quite some club-ready stuff over here. Good work guys!

2 Likes

Thank you. I wonder if there is just a tad too much distortion in the lows/low-mids.

Ah yes, there is always the wondering when you have to let your track go. :wink:

Personally, if I am not really sure that something needs to be changed, then I will stick to my original judgement. In this stage it is pretty easy to make ‘sensible’ adjustments, that will actually kill the details of that vibe it had when you were still building the loop.

Some of these mixes are incredible. The standard keeps getting higher and higher!

Is the mix version we submit here supposed to be top-notch like “release ready”? I know i have some stuff which needs to be fixed in my mix, but i felt like if it was one of the winners i could fix it later.

Hey @jawal

Though “release ready” is a big word, uploaded remixes should sound as best as you can make it. You can re-upload your entry if you need to make changes.

@MASKD thank you !

Hey guys, follow me on Insta : Bruce_Grey_ / and good luck to everyone !

@Johann_Stone you stole the show man, we’re all fighting for the second place from now on :smiley:

Reminder : 2 Days Left to submit your remixes

Closing Date
October 06, 2018 08:00