RE: What videos do you want to see?

Hey,
New member here.. just wanna say really liking your tutorials.. Especially the Justice/Daft Punk one.

Ableton:
I would like to see more "process" type tuts using follow actions / dummy clips

More advanced Rack Device tuts would be cool too

I would really like to see some NI Kore into Live 7

When can we expect the next videos???

Anyways thanks for your efforts I greatly appreciate them

Hey phill how are ya?

Please if possible lets work on some Electro House videos and defnantly some of Chris Lakeā€™s stuff, like mentioned up here the Only One track would be amazing if you covered it!!:smiley:

But some vids on Electro House would be great!

Thanks dude, hope to see new vids aroundā€¦:cool:

IM WAITING! :slight_smile:

Hello Phil,

Axwell, Klaas - I would like to see such a tutorial. Do you know the track Infinity 2008? I know from a 100 % source that the bass is NI Massive ā€¦ how about that? Many try to emulate his sound, but nobody achieves it.

Tutorials on electro house in general and especially one about developing basslines from chords, how to create chord progressions and deriving basslines & melodies from that.

In your Trance tutorial you give some progressions to download. But how would I develop one in d major for example?

Thank you and please update soon, Iā€™m checking here every day. It would be nice if you showed a tutorial for dummies on how to use music theory in house music. Maybe in conjunction with software tools such as the improvisator or chord websites ā€¦

Regards

Pablo

Oh yeah, defnantly something regarding Klaas Style of Bassline, what would make me happy for 10 years! :cool:

Thanksā€¦

New Feature on Ableton 8

AND

Sound Design on Ableton .

I Think this 2 can be the most wanted videos from 2009 !

:hehe:

hi guys

just to add my 2cents,

i have watched all of the videos and regardless of style, they have taught me invaluble lessons about production techniques.

I would love to see some more tutorials based upon musical theory and how this affects computer generated music in terms of chord structure, moods, atmospherics, phrases, melody creation and the use of silence as a sound in melody (cant think of technical name of this sorry!)

genre-wise, would love to see something about dubstep (but not how to create the ā€˜wobble bassā€™, more about atmospherics), such as benga (intro to 26 basslines - YouTube) and skream (if you know - - YouTube) and 2562 (circulate - 2562:::::Circulate - YouTube)

many thanks and look forward to seeing some great new tutorials in the future

crossbones

An intermediate on Drum Programing workflow... Ableton session drums or BFD etc.

Evil Nine

or

Adam Freeland

Phil, can we have a Bite Sizeā€¦ on breakdowns and build ups? Something really indepth on various techniques to get that really good professional sound.

For example, im currently trying to do a build up in the break down on this lead, where the lead will loop and gradually get faster and faster whilst filters, delays, and other effects are giving it that rising whooshy build up to what ends up being white noise and then all goes quiet as the delays and reverb let the sound echo off into quietness, then the whole track kicks back in.

There are some fantastic versions of this in many tracks and it really goes off well on the dancefloor. Creating it however isnā€™t proving much success or sounding as good as iā€™d like to get it.

Build ups, breakdowns and just cheeky effects here and there to really give tracks that extra sparkle during/after automation would be a fantastic Bite Sizeā€¦ and would be much appreciated! :cool:

id like to see ths as well,

great job keep up the good work

I would like to see a dark progressive house tutorial and a progressive or nu skool breaks tutorial in the ā€œsound likeā€ section.

Artists I am referring to are:

Dark Progressive

Dousk - YouTube

Sultan & Ned Shepard - YouTube

Moshic - YouTube

Quivver - YouTube

Progressive and nu skool

Grayarea - YouTube

Luke Chable Luke Chable Pres. The Dirty Fours - Tokyo (NuBreed Remix) - YouTube

Fretwell - YouTube

Burufunk Burufunk & Carbon Community - Community Funk (Original Mix) - YouTube

Slyde - YouTube

Far too Loud - YouTube

General Midi General Midi - Milton (Digital One Mix) - YouTube

Thank you

IĀ“d like to see different style of arrangements.

I want to see a tut on NuSkool Breaks!!! I know that itā€™s similar to electro house, but thereā€™s definitely some useful techniques to learn here. Thanks!!

Raymond :hehe:

i second that!! definitely some slyde! :wink:

I would like to see some more advanced Ableton courses covering aspects like programming, effects, arrangement etc. also covering Logic too.

I also would like to see more bite sized tutorials on how to construct tracks from scratch in various genreā€™s especially Deep House, Tech and Minimal.

Again, what I find useful is step by step and from complete scratch creating a track.

This is what I love about the current tutorials and you should definitely keep those coming. I like less running through tracks you have already done.

I really want to see how you created each track, how you programmed and what effects you used and show us step by step. This helps me learn much better.

Oh and try to use the in built effects for each DAW, as using 3rd party stuff can mean re creating such effects is really difficult.

Another thing I would really like is how to get that soundā€¦ so not a complete track as such but a particular sound ie. programming synths, electric keyboards and effects, basslines, stabs, chords.

This could be real short but show you how to create a sound from scratchā€¦ call them mini mini bitesize tutorials!!! :slight_smile:

For example, how to get that lush Lonni Liston Smith style electric piano sound using Ableton or Jimpster style chord stabs in Sylenth, or daft punk bass sound in Vanguard etc.

Programming sounds in synths from scratch is something i would love to get my head around.

and yah, as mentioned hereā€¦ arrangement tips, eq and compression tips and actual plug in settings especially during say a more advanced Ableton course which I would love to see sooner rather than later.

Phewā€¦ going for a lie down now!

Im going with ā€˜robenā€™ I have trouble with builds/breaks and general atmosā€¦ Its my weakness

How to connect you mixer with ableton!

would really like to see some videos on the Randy Katana Style Tribal Tech Trance

I would like to see a tutorial on how to make breakbeats and/or that popular speed garage basslineā€¦

There are tons of sound like ā€” insert house artist hereā€¦

but no BREAKBEAT artists such as DJ Icey, Plump DJā€™s etcā€¦

I really want to know how to create that subwoofer bass line sound and not some wimpy olā€™ kickdrumsā€¦

Iā€™d really like to see something on the Brazil / Latin sound style of House.

i would love to see some synthesis tutorials